Thursday, July 30, 2009

Glass Painting

This finding other ways to be creative is really working for me!! Here's a check off of my "To-Craft" List. I got the idea from a Woman's Day Craft book from the library. Here's the page:And here's how I went about it. I used this glass paint set I picked up at Michael's with a coupon!!! And the glass plate I already had at home.
The book said to trace the butterfly on some paper and tape them around the plate. That was too much work for me so I just took a wipe marker and drew them on the TOP of the plate. Then turn the plate over and paint on the BOTTOM. It needed an hour to dry between the black outline and the inside color. And this is what turned out. I'm super excited with how it looks!!!I've got glass bowls that I'll use one of to make a little set. Who knows? Maybe this'll be the first thing I try to sell. Any takers?? :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Rockie,
I just love your new blog! you should come to our craft club meetings sometime. The next one is at the end of Aug. at my house (5 min. from PBC) and we'll be doing glass etching. We never do anything that costs more than $10 and we meet once a month. I'd love for you to join us! Email me if you're interested in the details:

-Sarah
tucker.sarah@gmail.com

Henry Hanson said...

Hi nice reading youur blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails