Friday, November 20, 2009

Birthday Banner

Sorry for the delay in blogging. I've temporarily lost my oomph! for blogging. BUT, that doesn't mean that I've stopped creating!!!

Isaac's first birthday is coming up in two week! Oh my, where did the last year go?!? So, I've been busy at work getting some stuff ready for his party. Here's one thing, and the other will follow later on!

I saw this banner, made by Sarah at CREATE. I loved it! And here's how mine turned out. Here are some differences. First, I used all solid fabrics as opposed to patterned. I'm super bad at coordinating patterns, mostly b/c all my eyes see are polka dots :) And Luke said he would rather have it in solids. Second, instead of buying iron on letters (stay at home mom budget, you know) I used what I had at home and made my own letters (I know, crazy) then hot glued them on. Very tedious but worth it in the end! Third, instead of using ribbon to connect all the flags, I used extra wide double fold bias tape. This made it so easy to just stink them in the fold and sew them in.

I'm so excited to hang it on his birthday. My favorite part is that we'll be able to use it for all our
kids. Stay tuned for another birthday treat that will also be reusable in our family!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Rocky,
The banner turned out beautifully! I love that you'll be able to use it for all of the future birthdays in your family! Smart thinking!
-Sarah

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Love your birthday banner!! I need to make one of these!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails