We love Cake Batter Ice Cream. So instead of going to Cold Stone Creamery and spending WAY too much, I learned to make it myself. Wanna know how? It's so easy!
What you need:
-1 container vanilla ice cream (softened but not melted)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ingredients needed for cake.
What you do:
1. Take a little less than half the cake mix and mix with water only until it becomes a nice batter consistency (sorry I didn't measure how much exactly, I'm an eye-baller). Set aside. This will be what you add to the ice cream, and we don't want any raw egg in there.
2. Prepare the rest of the cake mix to bake the cake. You'll have to modify the measurements. For example, if the box call for 3 eggs, only use 1. (the cake doesn't have to be absolutely perfect).
3. Put the mix in a loaf pan and bake until toothpick comes out clean (The bake time will also be modified from what the box says depending on how much batter you have).
4. Let the cake cool completely and cut it into small squares.
Now for the ice cream:
1. **This part has to be done quickly so the ice cream doesn't melt too badly.**Take all of the ice cream out of the container and put it in your kitchen aid mixer (Any mixer, including hand held will do. the hand held may just be a little harder to handle). DO NOT THROW CONTAINER AWAY.
2. As the ice cream is being mixed, slowly add the batter until it's well mixed in. You may or may not have to add all the batter, just watch to see that it's being thoroughly mixed in.
3. While the mixer is still running, add your cake squares gradually but not too slowly. Again, we don't want the ice cream to completely melt in the mixer. Also, you may or may not use all the cake squares. Again, just watch and see that's it's a good balance for you.
4. After the cake squares are added, continue mixing only until it's all well integrated. Not too long because then all the cake will just be crumbly in the ice cream and you won't have any nice cake chunks in there.
5. Finally, put the mixed ice cream back into the container. Put back in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes so it can harden back up a little.
And that's it. So it is a little time consuming, but generally really easy. And it's oh so good! Enjoy making Something Wonderful!
**Note: The picture is not of the ice cream I made, just a picture I found online**