- 2 foam boards
- 2-3 flower Styrofoam squares
- 4-5 sheets scrapbook paper (in design of choice)
- mod podge
- hot glue gun & glue
- 2in. wide ribbon (in coordinating color as paper)
- 3/8in. wide ribbon (is same or coordinating color as paper)
- tools : sponge brush, rotary cutter or xacto knife, pins, cutting mat or ruler
- Cut out 2 of each layer of foam board. I used 2 for stability. Measurements as follows: 12in x 12in, 10in x 10in, and 8in x 8in.
- Cut out 1 of each layer of scrapbook paper, in same measurements. If you want to cover bottom side of each layers, cut out 2 of each but make sure and buy more paper.
- Mod Podge paper onto board. Once dry, add another layer of Mod Podge on top to finish off.
- Once these are dry, hot glue the 2 pieces of foam board (of the same size) together. Lay heavy books on top to flatten and evenly glue.
- While this is drying, start wrapping the 2in. wide ribbon around the foam blocks. Don't go around and around. just cut out 3 strips (or as many as you need) and wrap each strip around one at a time. Fold down raw edge and pin down with simple silver pins. If you have pretty white ball tip pins, use those. I only used 2 blocks for a total of 3 layers.
- After the foam board layers are done drying, start hot gluing the 3/8 in. wide ribbon around the edge of the boards. Do little sections at a time because the hot glue dries very quickly.
- This is the trickiest part. Center the blocks on each layer making sure they align from every angle. Hot glue the foam blocks onto the board. It dries very quickly and strong so make sure and get it right!