We are 8 weeks away from Baby #2 coming and we are in GO mode. Isaac's in his big boy bed and our whole upstairs is in transition. YAY!
When I was pregnant with Isaac, we intentionally planned the nursery to be as gender neutral as possible so that everything could be used for all our children.This is still true but I really wanted a revamp. And I just couldn't stop thinking about MONKEYS!!!! I found this set up at Babies R Us but the wall decals were $20!! I just couldn't justify spending that much on stickers basically. So here's what I did: I pasted fabric monkeys and polka dots (of course) on the walls using a new technique of mixing cornstarch with water . It's safe for the paint and walls and they are removable. Here are two websites I used to find out more about this technique:
Sugar Bee and How About Orange
If you can believe it, I still had a lot of fabric that we used for Isaac's crib set. So I looked for a cute monkey template online (which was alot harder than I thought it would be) and started cutting away. The cutting is what always takes the longest. Here is a close up of the monkeys and dots. I really like the way it turned and I went from $20 to ABSOLUTELY FREE!!
The only thing is, the possibilities are oh so endless and I might have to control myself to not paste fabric over EVERY WALL in the house!!!
So excited to meet our little monkey!